The Valencian government has laws to regulate tourist accommodations. Valencia’s regulations define a “tourist accommodation” as any real-estate property that’s immediately available for repeat rentals to tourists for tourism, leisure, or holiday use. The property must also have a report from the city that states the property may be used as a tourist accommodation.
Valencia considers “regular basis” to be whenever any of the following circumstances are applicable to a property:
- A third party manages rental of the property for tourist use
- An owner or title-holder provides hospitality services, regardless of the rental duration
- You offer the property through tourist channels
You need to register any tourist accommodation in Valencia with the Valencia’s Tourism Register by submitting a formal notice to the Territorial Tourism Service of the province where the dwellings are located that states your intention to use the property for tourist accommodation.
After you complete registration, your tourist accommodation will receive a registration number.
Whenever you offer a tourist accommodation that’s located in Valencia, you need to display its registration number and category, including on Airbnb.
There’s a field you can use to include your registration number in the Listing details section.
Please remember that the owners or managers of tourist accommodations in the Region of Valencia are required to provide the cadastral reference of the property. The deadline for submitting this information is 8 May 2022.
To comply with this requirement, you can send the cadastral reference, or a copy of the real estate tax receipt (IBI), directly to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the tourism registration number of the property.
You can also contact the tourism offices in Valencia if you have any questions.
Our commitment to your community
We are committed to working with local officials to clarify how local rules impact the short term rental community. We will continue to advocate for changes that will enable people to rent out their homes.
- València (valencià)Si t'estàs plantejant fer d'amfitrió a Airbnb, aquí trobaràs informació que t'ajudarà a entendre la normativa de la teva ciutat.
- AmfitrióCom ser un amfitrió responsable a EspanyaAjudem els amfitrions a Airbnb a conèixer les seves responsabilitats i els proporcionem un resum general de les diferents lleis, normatives …
- Illes BalearsSi t'estàs plantejant fer d'amfitrió a Airbnb, aquí trobaràs informació que t'ajudarà a entendre la normativa de la teva ciutat.