Relax and recharge at Karibu Chalet in Val-des-Monts, less than a 50 minute drive from Ottawa and 2 hours from Montreal. Situated on a picturesque lot with hiking trails, 12+ acres of forest land to explore. Our log home is a getaway from the city and you can enjoy what nature has to offer. This charming space secluded in the woods has everything you need and more! It's an ideal cottage for an extended family and friends in all seasons!
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT OUR COTTAGE:
- The log cottage sits on the banks of a long and beautiful Le Lièvre River (Rivière du Lièvre). Perfect for kayaking and canoeing as its flow is calm. It is 6km long North of the cottage and 30km long South of the cottage. It features beautiful landscapes, mountains, islands, wildlife and beaches. The river has more than 12 kinds of fish found in it - It is a paradise for fishing small and largemouth bass, walleys, pikes, marigans, perchs, trout etc.
- The water near the entrance of the dock area can be muddy and sometimes a little grassy depending on the time of the year. We still find swimming refreshing and enjoy it very much. However we do like to make aware our potential guests in advance so that they come prepared with water shoes. Each summer (End of June) we put the dock on the water and each fall (End of September) we bring the dock on back on the shore and prepare it for the winter.
- Our cottage is waterfront but the dock and water area is about a 1 minute walk away. Its nestled in the woods with forest views from the house. The main chalet is secluded in the woods (can't see any neighbors from the chalet). However, when on the dock, our neighbor's dock is visible.
- The log home is very spacious - 4 large bedrooms with 5 beds, an open concept kitchen and living room area and two full bathrooms. There are also two sofa beds and air mattresses available to accommodate extra guests. The master bedroom has a California King bed and a crib and a walk-in closet & a large balcony. The cottage is complete with a fully equipped kitchen, satellite cable, washer & dryer, towels, camping chairs, fire pit, propane BBQ, a kayak, canoe and fishing rods, indoor and outdoor games and so much more. The cottage is very comfortably furnished with comfortable porches and hammocks to enjoy the greenery. At night, enjoy stargazing without the distraction of light pollution and s’mores near the firepit.
- Our water supply comes from a nearby surface well. It's perfect for bathing and washing but we don't recommend it for drinking. We normally leave 5 gallon containers of drinking water from our Ottawa home and we have water dispensers. We recommend guests bring bottled water.
- Our cottage area is normally very quiet. However the 309 is across the river on the other side and you may hear some traffic.
- Since there's a city dam a few km down the river, the water level does rise and fall at various times of the year. The water can be quite shallow near the dock area. We do have a beautiful nearby beach at royal papineau (only 12 min away). It's $15 per car on weekdays and $28 per car on weekends. It offers not only a large beach, but beach volleyball courts, a restaurant, pool and other activities.
- We have other cabins on our property that our guests are welcome to explore, however they are not routinely maintained and therefore we do not recommend guests staying in them.
- Since our cottage is nestled in the woods, critters and bugs may be part of the experience. However our cottage is well screened to prevent them from coming in. We routinely lay mice traps in various areas as well. Bring bug repellent especially during the summer months.
- We currently do not have curtains in any of the rooms. The room that gets the most sunlight is the kids room with the two twin beds. We prefer no curtains as it's beautiful to wake up to scenic nature views and the sun doesn't shine in so bright in the mornings that it wakes you at dawn.
- We have doors for every room except one room upstairs (we're hoping to get one up shortly).
- Our place is a smoke free zone. We kindly ask that our guests respect this and do not smoke inside or near our property.
- Our place is pet friendly with permission prior to booking. Pets are allowed but we ask that you disclose it to us prior to your stay so that we can provide the necessary information about pets on our property.
- Since our septic tank sits in the back of our home, no vehicles should be driven in that area. We have plenty of parking in front of our front door (non grassy areas). 5 cars can easily park there.
- This is our second home so please treat it like your own. Guests are encouraged to have a wonderful stay, however it is not a party house. No parties, events, or extra guests without our knowledge. We do not permit smoking inside or near our home.
The area offers endless adventures and is a nature's lover dream. Surrounded by endless trees, trails, a picturesque river and so much more. Our cottage is on a private lot so you will have lots of privacy. The property borders Notre-dame-de-la-salette. This is a very cute, small town located approximately 3 minutes from the cottage. There, you will find a small depanneur for basic groceries and liquor for your convenience, as well as a cute greenhouse in the summer months for fresh local fruits and vegetables. About 30 minutes away is Forêt-la-Blanche Ecological Reserve or 15 minutes away is Reserve faunique de Papineau-Labelle. While many of their activities you can do on our property, they also have wild-life viewing, beautiful hiking trails, water activities, and much more! Visit their site for more info. Also, only a short drive 15 minute drive away is Val-des-Bois, which offers cute local boutiques, pastry and ice cream shops. If you're feeling adventurous, drive about 30 minutes to Arbraska Lafleche for amazing Zip lining.
Club de Golf Royal Papineau is just 15 minutes from our chalet and it the most beautiful golf course in the area and covers 400 acres near Lac de L'Argile. The cost is $45 and includes a power cart. The course is of moderate difficulty but has beautiful scenery, if you love golfing then it is worth a visit.
Tipus de propietat
Val-des-Monts, Québec, Canadà