Privacy, Simple Living, & LOCATION: Nature is at your doorstep at our strawbale cabin. Coveted by adventurous eco-tourists, this is a great place for a personal or creative retreat, romantic getaway, or home base for your wilderness adventures. Located at Healthberry Farm, one of the nicest farms in West Virginia - a unique 80-acre homestead farm & meadery in the picturesque Monongahela National Forrest, just 8 miles from Canaan Valley, 12 miles from Seneca, 20 miles from Davis, Thomas & Elkins.
--- PLEASE READ: Our small community is not well prepared if this situation gets to the peak. Like all areas, supplies are limited and so are hospital beds. West Virginia, in general, has a higher proportion of at-risk individuals than most other areas.
We are asking any guests who wish to stay during the COVID pandemic to assess and account for the following issues:
- Even if you are not showing signs, we request all guests take maximum precautions to minimize the risk of spreading the disease into or catching it from our community. This might mean quarantining in place prior to your stay, practicing social distancing and other precautions as laid out by the CDC. We request that you avoid any other travel prior to and after your visit.
- We ask that you do all of your food and supply shopping in your home community. If you would like to patronize the few restaurants that are still open, please do this as take-out.
- We are still selling mead, honey and bee products but prefer you to place orders in advance. We can leave these in the cabin prior to your stay or we can arrange an on-site pickup.
- Be aware of every stop that you make along the way, and act as if you have this virus already in order to prevent catching or spreading it!
- We have changed the booking setting so that back-to-back visitors are not allowed. This will affect all bookings made into the future, and we will change that back once we feel it is safe for our guests to do so. That said, if you are interested in dates that look unavailable, reach out to inquire about what is possible.
- You must cancel your trip if you are showing any signs of illness. We will also cancel our guests if we or our cleaners show any symptoms.
THANKS for reading and stay safe out there, friends!!
---- Back to our normal description :) --
Healthberry Cabin is a rustic, straw-bale cabin – a cozy space, perfect for adventurous tiny house appreciators, eco-conscious home lovers and camping enthusiasts. If you are looking for a wilderness retreat, you've found a welcoming option.
– A loft (up some steep stairs!) with a comfortable queen bed
– Two futon-style pull-out couches (queen and twin)
– A shower and sink in the bathroom & outhouse (we provide a headlamp or flashlight to get there in the dark)
– A kitchenette with some small amenities – a fridge with freezer, a 2-burner gas camp stove, coffee makers and a couple basic pots and pans.
– A dining table, a small living room, some rustic outdoor seating
We provide clean linens and towels for your stay. There are plenty of magazines and books to read, and sometimes a hammock or two available (just ask!).
There is no wifi and only AT&T cell service – plan for a digital detox!
Outside, you will find the beauty of the West Virginia highlands all around you! Read more about the area at healthberryfarm.com/nearby
***Please note!! We are a working farm. This means you may encounter large machinery, other day-guests & cars on the driveway. We keep beehives on the property. There will be mud if it's rainy, and there will be a water conservation request if we're in a draught. There are also an abundance of domesticated animals (poultry, donkeys, dogs & cats & honeybees), wild animals (deer, turkey, snakes, rodents, fox, etc), creepy-crawly things & their webs, thorns and briars, and other unpredictable, natural things. While we do our best to keep the cabin & area clean, it is mother nature's home here too. Make peace with your phobias of snakes and spiders before you arrive, please, and do not touch machinery that you have not been asked to operate.***
***Also note, we ask you to check with us before you book with dogs or children, as we do have a non-negotiable per-night pet fee (no fee for kids, we just like to make sure you've read the whole description, especially the steep stairs and wild nature part!)***
More photos on Instagram @HeatlhberryFarm and #honeyrivermeadery #healthberrycabin
The area is truly spectacular -- Healthberry Farm is in the heart of West Virginia's most scenic area. We are a few miles from the entrance to Dolly Sods Wilderness area, between Otter Creek Wilderness, Spruce Knob and Seneca Rocks areas, Canaan Valley and the rest of the Monongahelia National Forrest.
There is no shortage of things to do for folks who love four-season adventures and exploring the great outdoors. There are also several cute mountain towns with a unique variety of cultural offerings. You simply can’t do it all in one trip — perhaps not even in one lifetime!!
Here is a short list of our favorite things to explore. Everything listed below is within 30 miles from Healthberry Farm, and all are great day trips.
Outdoor Sports & Adventure Outfitters: Whitegrass XC Ski (Canaan Valley) // Mountain Trail Rides (Canaan) // Timberline 4-Season Resort (Canaan) // Canaan Valley State Park Ski Resort (Canaan) // Blackwater Bikes (Davis) // Blackwater Outdoor Adventure (raft and river rentals) (St. George) // Ski Barn (Canaan) // Driftland Ski Rental (Davis)
Hiking and Outdoor Adventure areas: Dolly Sods Wilderness // Otter Creek Wilderness // Spruce Knob Wilderness // Seneca Rocks Recreation Area // Canaan Valley State Park // Blackwater Falls State Park // Monongahelia National Forrest // Heart of the Highlands (bike trail) // Canaan Valley Wildlife Refuge // etc etc
Craft Drinks: Honey River Meadery! ahem… Stumptown Ales (Davis) // Mountain State Brew Co. (Thomas) // Still Hollow Distillery // Big Timber Brewing (Elkins) // The Brewstel (Elkins) // The Billy Motel’s Cocktail Bar (Davis) // Tip Top Coffee & Spirits (Thomas) // Trailhead Coffee (Davis)
Restaurants: Hellbenders Burritos (Davis) // The Forks (Elkins) // El Gran Sabor (Elkins) // Vintage (Elkins) // Smoke On The Water (Elkins) // Siriani’s Pizza (Canaan Valley and Davis) // The Flying Pig (Thomas) // The Purple Fiddle (Thomas)
Grocers: Highland Market (Davis) // Kroeger (Elkins) // Camden’s Corner Mart (Dryfork) // Shop & Save (Davis)
Live Music: The Purple Fiddle (Thomas) // El Gran Sabor (Elkins) // Mountain State Brewing Co. (Thomas) // Whitegrass (Canaan Valley) // also sometimes at Gradient Project Space (Thomas) and Country Road Saloon (Thomas)
Art Galleries: White Room (Thomas) // Creature (Thomas) // Lamplight (Thomas) // Gradient Project Space (Thomas) // Buxton & Landstreet (Thomas) // WV Highlands Gallery (Davis) // Ben’s Old Loom Barn (Canaan) // ArtSpring at Cottrill’s Opera House (Thomas) // Art Supplies at Tiny Llama (Thomas, in Lamplight Gallery)
Amenities & Local Resources: Mountain Yoga (Thomas) // Allegheny Holistic Health Care – massage, accupuncture (Thomas) // Harman Clinic & Pharmacy – medical (Harman) // Harman Library (Harman)
Other neat shops to visit: Riverfront Antiques (Thomas) // Thomasyard (Thomas) // Ella’s (Thomas) // S&T’s Bees (Elkins) // Walmart (oh, you’re still reading this? kidding…)…
Looking for other eco-tourism opportunities? Swim holes? The best thing to do that night? We can send you to some of our favorite private spots you might enjoy – just ask!
Tipus de propietat
Dryfork, West Virginia, Estats Units