'Top of the Hill House' is a 120-year old rural farm cottage situated on our hobby farm at the top of a hill in Goorambat, surrounded by stunning views of the mountains, and just 15 minutes' drive from Benalla. This rustic cottage has retained many of its original features, is clean and comfortable, and faces due east so that you can see the superb sunrises. It is a perfect rural retreat for couples, families or small groups...and we also have a pool! We have recently installed solar panels.
The farm cottage is situated at the top of a hill surrounded by farmland and boasting 360 degree fabulous panoramic views, incorporating stunning sunrises and sunsets. It is a separate self-contained building next door to the main farmhouse and is a perfect rural retreat for people looking for a short getaway, or to enjoy the silo art trail, local wineries and gourmet region, Winton Motorway and Wetlands, as well as being central to the Ned Kelly region. It sleeps a maximum of 5 guests, although for adults would be more comfortable for 4. We also have a Netflix package - so you can watch movies, sport, and much much more if you want a cosy winter evening curled up by the wood-burning stove or to cool off from the summer heat outside.
As it can get very hot and dry in the summer months we have a strict No Smoking policy, but we have a beautiful above-ground pool to cool off in instead (which you will share with us), and there are plenty of beach towels and sun loungers for you to use.
We also have a number of animals - horses, ducks, a cockatoo and a very friendly dog, plus lots of wildlife, and you may see (and hear!) flocks of galahs or cockatoos, fairy wrens, wedgetail eagles, or you may hear a pobblebonk frog on the garden pond.
FEATURES OF THE FARMHOUSE
* Original 120-year old features throughout, including architraves and high pressed tin ceilings.
* Extremely peaceful area - very little to hear except animals and the occasional tractor.
* 1 Queen Room with split system air conditioner and ceiling fan.
* 1 Double Room with split system air conditioner.
* 1 Single Room with ceiling fan.
* Fully equipped kitchen with fridge/freezer, microwave and oven.
* Pod coffee machine with a selection of pods.
* Tea, coffee, milk and sugar provided...plus a drop of locally produced port if you would like to try it.
* Ample parking.
* Wood heater with wood provided in winter.
* Netflix TV plus DVD player.
* Above-ground Swimming Pool (unheated) with beach towels and loungers provided.
* Own BBQ, (but not to be used on Total Fire Ban days please).
* Carpets in all bedrooms, original baltic pine floorboards throughout the living areas.
* Electric blankets on all beds.
* Laundry complete with washing machine, iron, washing powder, pegs, etc.
* Complimentary eggs or garden produce when in season.
* People booking for more than 3 nights will receive a complimentary bottle of wine to enjoy.
As we are on a septic tank system, please ensure you do not flush anything other than toilet paper down the toilet, as it will jam the pipes and is very expensive to get cleared. There is a sanitary bin provided for towels, wipes, nappies, tampons, etc.
There are lots of things to do in the surrounding area, including:
* Wall to Wall Street Art nearby, including the wonderful new silo paintings in Goorambat by world renowned artist DVate and the church interior by artist Adnate, whilst the Railway Hotel opposite the silos is open for fantastic meals Wednesday-Sunday.
* Gliding Centre of Victoria, plus the Benalla Museum - both 15 minutes drive away.
* Winton motor raceway is very nearby (15 minutes) - lots of events to see and do there.
* Local wineries in nearby Glenrowan, and a little further afield in Dookie, Rutherglen or the King Valley. Lots of brochures on these are in the cottage.
* Ten minutes' drive to Winton Wetlands - walks, cycle tracks and restaurant. You can hire bikes and kayaks there too.
* Fifteen minutes' drive from Benalla Rose City - see the amazing rose gardens, Art Gallery, Performing Arts Centre, street art and an array of excellent shops and coffee shops.
* Only 90 minutes drive from Bright, up in the mountains - somewhere to go on those very hot days to drop ten degrees or more and swim in the Ovens River.
* Close to the snow fields. It's lovely to wake here in the sunshine and see the snow on Mount Hotham from the kitchen window, and be up there with a hot chocolate in your hand less than a couple of hours later.
* We are in the middle of the famous Ned Kelly Region, with easy drives to Benalla Museum, the free Glenrowan Walking Tour, Greta, Beechworth and other historic sites.
* Plenty of wild kangaroos and wallabies about - so keep your eyes open. We can advise on the best places to spot them when you are here.
* As we are in the middle of a farming area, it's possible that you may meet a farmer moving a mob of sheep or cattle on the road - we ask you to be extremely considerate of livestock if this happens.
* Finally, on a chilly winter evening, curl up by the wood-burning stove and watch endless Netflix on TV!
Tipus de propietat
Goorambat, Victòria, Austràlia