This is a place for animal and nature lovers!
Rifugio Isola del Sole sits atop a hill in the beautiful countryside of Noto, an outstanding UNESCO town famous for its “baroqueness” and arts. Guests will experience relaxation in a rural, rustic and yet, dynamic setting while being surrounded by a working animal sanctuary!!
Perfect for large gatherings, yoga or meditation retreats, or just a relaxing getaway.
🐓Proceeds from your stay benefit the welfare of our animals and those of the region.🐕
Here are some details of this beautiful sanctuary:
- Located on 17 acres of land with plenty of privacy
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2,400 sqft of indoor living space
- Huge living room with high ceilings, table, chairs, and fireplace.
- WiFi throughout
- Large family style kitchen
- 3 Patios with beautiful sunrise and sunset views
- Dogs and cats allowed
- Petting Zoo! (additional fee)
- Multiple pastures to explore
- Mount Etna views
Room 1: This is the master bedroom. It has a queen sized bed, a small walk-in closet, TV, air conditioning, private access from the rear patio, and a ladder loft with 2 single beds and safety rail which is perfect for keeping kids close, but not too close! ;) Kids will love sleepovers in this room.
Room 2: This is the smallest bedroom with a foldout couch suitable for 2 guests. It connects to the 3/4 bathroom which is shared with the master bedroom. It also has 2 private entrances which can be left open for amazing light, ventilation or access to the rear or side patios and has a basement area which can be used for storage. This room also has air conditioning.
Room 3: This bedroom is the 2nd largest and the only downstairs one. It has private access from the patio, TV, air conditioning, armoire, fireplace, and high ceilings. There is a full bathroom that is shared with any guests staying in the living room.
Living Room: The large living room also has 2 foldout couches suitable for up to 4 guests. It has high ceilings, a two-tiered floor, a large fireplace, skylight, 2 entrances, dining table, air conditioner and access to shared laundry room and full bathroom (shared with bedroom 3 guests.)
WONDERFUL FOR FAMILY REUNIONS:
Family is an important thing in Italian culture and Rifugio Isola Del Sole is a great place to host those from all around the globe. All ages can enjoy the peace and “returning to nature” feel.
- Lots of spaces (indoor and outdoor) for people to eat together
-Comfortably sleeps 12, but arrangements can be made for more, via air mattresses.
- Many areas for gathering, socializing, sitting, catching up, etc.
-Tons of fun for kids! Whether exploring the cave, playing in the fields, or interacting with the animals (supervised please!) they will have blast.
-Large enough kitchen for multiple chefs
Food can be a major part of family gatherings. Here, all you need to do is stock up on your way up to the sanctuary.
Our large Kitchen (shared) is a great spot to bring everyone together over a meal and comes with:
- Pots, pans, and platters for cooking up family style meals
- Serving utensils
- Cups and dishes
- A knife set and cutting board
- Condiments: Olive oil, salt, pepper
- Nespresso coffee maker as well as a mokka
- Includes plenty of paper towels, sponges, soap, cleaning and other supplies
- Direct access to outdoor patio 3, perfect for easy outdoor meals under the veranda
The sanctuary is a great location for anyone looking for a majestic and serene outdoor location for their small wedding or party.
- Pick your own spot for the ceremony from among our many pastures to find your dream location
- Many areas for prep and dress with full length mirrors
- Large kitchen for catering set up
- Many convenient guest overnight areas
- Plenty of free parking
We can help assist you with requests and local suggestions for vendors (hairdressers, makeup, cake, catering, etc.)
Contact us now to reserve your special date.
Patios: Patios surround the house on all sides. They provide direct access to all bedrooms, kitchen and living room and provide a perfect place for relaxing with a snack or beverage and viewing beautiful Sicilian sunrises and sunsets.
Front Pastures: These are located on the street side of the house will be the future home of our horse stables and bungalows, but for now is just a beautiful place for a walk or outdoor picnic.
Pasture 3: is the home of the bird families including Beatrice the 3 meter ostrich, Bianchina the gentle giant cow and Sole the donkey. Access to the petting zoo is super fun for all ages and available for a small fee. All proceeds go towards sterilizations and vaccinations of dogs for local families who cannot afford it.
Check out www.RifugioIsolaDelSole.com for more information on sanctuary activities and ways to donate.
GREAT FOR YOGA AND MEDITATION RETREATS:
Rifugio Isola Del Sole offers a peaceful and serene place (plus animals ;) to host your retreat. Utilize our large living room, multiple outdoor patios, or exploring our natural bat cave for yoga classes or meditation!
- Plenty of space for both supplies and meals
- Cool air conditioned indoor environment or outdoor sessions for soaking up the Sicilian sunshine
- Can house multiple participants with shared areas and private quarters for relaxation or reflection
- Rural location away from city noise, but close enough if you want to visit
- Evening stargazing without distraction
THE EXPERIENCE AND LOCATION:
If you are visiting the Rifugio for either two days or two weeks, the area offers an enormous amount of rich and interesting activities that can suit everyone. The Rifugio is located in an area called the “valle Dei Miracoli”, or Valley of the Miracles. It’s a beautiful region, punctuated by the Iblei mountain range and immense valleys of pasture gently leading down to the sea. Some of the most beautiful Sicilian beaches are located nearby.
Peace permeates the land here. It is truly a magical experience to take a break or holiday at Rifugio Isola Del Sole. During clear days, it is even possible to see Mount Etna sprawling in the distance!
We are also in the process of creating courses for all ages from local crafts all the way to animal welfare. In the meantime, you can contact us for nature walks or excursions on horseback. The most amazing Sicilian beaches and UNESCO Baroque towns await just a few miles away!
Tipus de propietat
Noto, Sicily, Itàlia