SILVER CREEK FARM - Nestled in valley. Gorgeous, retro comfort. Self contained cottage. Private and quiet with large bedroom- queen bed, Persian rugs, French doors - relax on sunny northern deck. New eat in kitchen, sitting area, bathroom, garden-lovely views of garden, forest and paddocks. Parking to door. Adjacent to 1890's farmhouse. WiFi Walk (25 min) or drive (5 min) Cygnet. 50min to Hobart.
Breakfast supplied - farm fresh eggs, milk, cereal, home baked sourdough, jam, coffee teas .
If you love retro- this is the place for you. Comfortable with vintage flair, the space is unique and spotlessly clean . Decorated with our finds from near and far. You can lounge about in your freshly laundered dressing gowns or explore the property under the watchful eyes of the sheep or even native hens.
Robert and I chose to live here because it's just so beautiful. We really want to share it with as many people as possible. Perfectly located -close to Cygnet but tucked away amidst the hills. Feels miles from anywhere.Super quiet but especially at night. Great for animal spotting and stargazing. The guest accommodation is connected to the main house via a covered breezeway. Through the private entrance there are five areas:
1. The large vintage styled queen sized bedroom has plenty of atmosphere with a lead light window, wooden floors and Persian rugs. The french doors lead onto a wide north facing deck. Wall heaters and electric blankets ensure you will feel cosy. You can listen to vinyls on the lovely old HMV record player or simply relax , enjoying the birdsong.
A TV is available, just ask us and we will install for you.
2. The living/dining/kitchen area continues the comfy retro styling. The newly appointed kitchen has a stove top, microwave and fridge. Fully equipped with lots of pots, pans, crockery and tea/coffee making facilities. Breakfast supplies- cereals, milk, butter or marg, oil, vinegar, fruit, bread, eggs, tea/coffee/jam/etc. Retro dining table and chairs provide a cosy eating nook. Sit in the armchairs by the french doors or relax on the deck .You can see pasture, forest and the hills in the distance.There are plenty of books in the vintage cupboard by the arm chairs. You might even want to sketch the scene using the art supplies .
3. Bathroom-fully tiled with shower. Shampoo/conditioner/soap/t-paper/tissues provided. Towels/hairdryer/first aid kit in cupboard. Ceiling heat lamp/fan extractor.
4. North facing deck accessible via french doors from bedroom and kitchen. There's a generous sized table with chairs for outdoor dining . Armchairs provide a comfy spot for relaxing .Great vantage point for animal spotting ( torch provided) .
A portable Weber BBQ is located just off the deck. Fire pit available in adjacent garden (dependent on seasonal fire permits).
5. The great outdoors! There are seats/ benches dotted around the property. By the dam, there's a picnic table with seats. It's really nice to really feel immersed in the environment. We're in the process of rehabilitating the winter creek beds. This involves removing the blackberries and other weeds, replacing them with native species. This will greatly improve the available habitat for native animals both small and large. There are pademelons, quolls, devils and bandicoots as well as native hens ,masked lapwings and ducks.
- Rainwater tanks only- water is precious so please use in moderation
- Compost bin under sink for fruit/veggies.
- Fire blanket(kitchen) and extinguisher(entranceway)
- large line for clothes drying - please use laundromat in main street of Cygnet for washing clothes .
- Access to oven in main house if required( just let us know in advance and we can arrange)
- Picnic rugs/torches/umbrellas /esky/thermos/beach towels located in outdoor cupboard at entrance
- Privacy of guests respected. However if you would like to sit and read by our slow combustion fire in main house or share a cuppa feel free to come in.
- The walk in to Cygnet is really lovely, especially the length of Olbrichs road ,winding past pastures with cattle, sheep and horses. If you want to walk only one way, let us know in advance and we can help out. Although only a short drive to town, the feeling is one of seclusion , with stunning views and no close neighbours.
Cygnet is a very pretty and and vibrant town in the Huon Valley about 45mins drive from Hobart. Cafes in Cygnet, Franklin, Huonville and Woodbridge are great places to relax and enjoy the slower pace of life down here. Newly opened Port Cygnet Cannery serves fantastic food , sourced locally. Local produce is available in the town centre as well as access to well stocked supermarkets and butchers. Seasonal fruit and vegetables can also be found at roadside stalls throughout the valley. We have a fortnightly market ( Ist and 3rd Sundays)here in Cygnet featuring arts and crafts made by local artists produce sold by local farmers. There are also regular markets nearby towns - we can let you know where they are and when they're on.
Usually quiet, Cygnet really buzzes during the Folk Festival each January.Great performers in all he venues around town and plenty of music outdoors in the parks and on the street too. We are happy to help with transport if you don't want to drive , walk or cycle in to town.
If you've booked in for a Fat Pig Farm feast we can easily take you there and collect you afterwards- it's only just over the hill from us.Let us know when you're booking and we will make sure we're available.
There are beautiful beaches and river front reserves only minutes away from Silver Creek Farm.The Huon river is over the hill and Drip Beach in Lymington is so peaceful. Burton's Reserve on the waterfront at Cygnet is a great spot for sitting and watching the birds then taking a gentle stroll on the well maintained path around the bay to the yacht club.
Randalls Bay and Mickey's Beach are are short drive away and well worth a visit. There are walking tracks there, both beachside and up through pasture . The view from the top of the hill is really lovely.
Perhaps you would prefer to spend most of your time here on the farm soaking up the atmosphere. If you want to feed our sheep they'll be so happy- they love being hand fed! Your visit might even coincide with a film screening at the Franklin Palais -feel like a local paying your $5 entry fee ,sitting up the back enjoying the movie in the beautifully maintained old venue.
Tipus de propietat
Cygnet, Tasmània, Austràlia