Welcome to this brand new, 3-bedroom, executive-class vacation home – one of three 4.5 star vacation homes located at our breathtaking 50-acre, nature-oriented "stay and play" oceanside destination with nature trails and a secluded 4-acre, sandy swimming beach.
The property is the ultimate base camp to enjoy Cape Breton in comfort and style. Cabot Cliffs and the world-famous Cabot Trail are just 30-60 minutes away while many of Cape Breton's other magical attractions are an easy day trip.
If enjoying Cape Breton’s natural beauty in comfort and style is important, then you have come to the right place.
Our luxurious, brand new 3-bedroom vacation home is packed full of modern amenities including 9-foot ceilings, a well-equipped open-concept kitchen (with an island, bar stools and premium stainless steel appliances), satellite TV, a laundry center and ocean/nature views from every room. The spacious master bedroom has a King-sized bed, a private 3-piece bathroom, and a walk-in closet while the other two bedrooms have comfortable Queen-sized beds and access to the main bathroom. All beds have ultra-comfortable pillow-top mattresses and premium linens, and all bedrooms have blinds and screens to help you get a good night sleep.
Outside, from the oversized wooden sundeck, you can take in captivating ocean views and stunning Cape Breton sunsets while enjoying a glass of wine or a fine meal. The sundeck has a comfortable outdoor dining table and chairs as well as a propane BBQ.
Within the bounds of our 50-acre scenic property, the Blue Pearl sits on an expansive 2-acre lot with a giant private lawn.
For those interested in taking in some near-magical scenery, picturesque Colindale Beach (located on the property) is a leisurely 10 minute walk down our nature trail which meanders through a field of giant wildflowers and winds alongside a sparkling freshwater pond and emerald green sand dunes. The giant, 4-acre sandy, secluded beach features 1,000+ feet of waterfrontage, sand and warm swimming waters which often exceeds 21 degrees Celcius (70 degrees Fahrenheit) in the summer, with swimming possible through October. Relax in in one of our beach chairs and listen to the sound of the waves crash on the shore while breathing in the fresh ocean air. The beach area is also a great place for a jog, meditation, beachcombing, beach volleyball, evening walks and, of course, photography -- especially in the evening when the western sun illuminates the deep blue sea, the waves, the beach and the dunes. The lighting in the evening is almost magical. And, the sunsets here are world-class.
Our location makes for an excellent basecamp for enjoying Cape Breton in comfort and style. We are a scenic half-hour drive from the world-class Cabot Cliffs Golf course and whale watching in Inverness and an hour drive from the starting point of the world-famous Cabot Trail. The lakeside town of Baddeck, the historical Fortress of Louisburg and fishing expeditions are all easy day trips from our property.
Closer by, we are an easy 5-minute drive from the shops, restaurants, tuna fishing charters and five sandy swimming beaches of Port Hood, which is well-known for its warm waters, its summer/fall music festivals, its great seafood, its fishing charters and its warm hospitality. Meanwhile, we are about 10 minutes from picturesque Mabou which has restaurants with local fiddle music, groceries and miles of sensational hiking trails (up to and along Cape Mabou which features breathtaking views of Cape Breton's rugged coastline, cliffs and beaches below).
ABOUT OUR LOCATION -- The Blue Pearl is located in the picturesque oceanside community of Colindale on Little Mabou Road, which is also known as the Mini Cabot Trail. Location-wise we are:
- 5 minutes from Port Hood, a vibrant seaside destination with a grocery store, restaurants, tuna fishing charters, summer/fall music festivals and five sandy beaches with miles and miles of sand.
- 10 minutes from the quaint village of Mabou which boasts great local food, local fiddle music, great beaches and spectacularl hiking at nearby Cape Mabou (which has miles of mountain-top hiking trails with stunning views of Cape Bretons' rugged coastline, cliffs and beaches below.)
- A scenic half-hour drive from bustling Inverness, home of the Cabot Cliffs and Cabot Links golf courses, and many summer/fall music festivals. Here you will also find whale and seal tours, kayak tours and rentals, deep-sea fishing tours and mountain bike rentals
- A scenic hour drive from the start of the world-famous Cabot Trail
- 25 minutes from the Glenora Distillery, where you can enjoy tasting award-winning scotch whiskey and tours of the distillery
Nearby attractions include:
1. Sensational, Sandy, Swimming Beaches – Port Hood and nearby Mabou are known across Canada for their collection of more than six sandy swimming beaches with miles of sand and warm swimming waters (which reach 22 degrees Celsius / 70 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer). They are great spots for swimming, beachcombing and sea glass hunting and photography.
2. Tuna Fishing charters and boat tours from Port Hood and Mabou
3. World-class Golf -- We are located half an hour from the world-famous Cabot Cliffs Golf Course in Inverness and within 90 minutes of 3 other great golf courses -- Bell Bay, Dundee and Le Portage golf courses
4. Hiking – Nearby Cape Mabou has an extensive network of uncrowded intermediate and challenging hiking trails. The trails are notable for their mountain-top, sweeping views of Cape Breton’s rugged coastline and sunsets
5. Whale and seal tours
6. Kayak tours and rentals
7. Deep-sea fishing tours and charters
8. Mountain bike rentals
9. Private boat and kayak tours
Note: Items 5-9 are available in nearby Inverness, which is a scenic half-hour drive.
10. Listening to live Celtic music and dance during the summer and fall in Port Hood, Mabou (ten minutes drive), Inverness (35 minutes drive) and Port Hawkesbury (40 minutes drive).
11. Whiskey Tasting -- Enjoy award-winning whiskey tasting at the Glenora Distillery which is a 25-minute drive. The distillery is unique in that it is Canada’s first single malt whiskey distillery and maintains the highlands Scot's tradition of distilling the heartwarming drink "Uisage Beatha" (The Water of Life). Tours operate daily during the summer and early fall.
Tipus de propietat
Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canadà