Welcome to Housie, the luxury lake cabin situated right in the calm Swedish forest. It’s probably the cutest house in Southern Sweden and definitely a five star location. It offers the most exclusive and romantic getaway for couples, honeymoons, spiritual retreats, family gatherings and nature lovers alike. Swim in or sail on the lake, use the outdoor shower, keep warm in the sauna and explore the deep forests in any season, by foot or by bike. Or ... just enjoy the silence in nature.
Housie is a traditional Swedish wooden cabin, newly renovated in Scandinavian boutique style. The plot is 2,500 M2 and during the winter half year there’s a small stream running down the hill next to the house. The house is 80 M2s and has three separate bedrooms, a bathroom and a large combined kitchen-, dining- and living room with a panoramic wall facing East. It offers breathtaking views of the lake, which has just a few houses that are rarely occupied. Housie only has one direct neighbouring house with adequate distance.
Key features and items to note:
* The house has a private floating bridge/patio with a ladder that folds up when not in use.
* New sauna with electrical Harvia oven. It seats 4-6 people.
* Outdoor shower, right next to the sauna.
* New heat pump (hot/cold air conditioning) in the living room. Heat panels in all rooms.
* Rowing boat (dinghy) and life wests.
* Internet Wi-Fi connection. On a good day you can usually stream a movie. Cell phone signal is usually weak in the house, but great from the nearest hilltop.
* New 50 inch smart tv, older 32 inch TV with Apple TV and Blu-ray player and a sizeable movie collection for adults and kids.
* Water supply: The house has its own well (130 metres deep) with a professional water filter. You can drink this water directly from the tap, where it has a slight taste of iron (perfectly safe) or use the provided water filtration jug in the kitchen. Or you can bring your own bottled drinking water.
* New washing machine, tumble dryer, freezer.
* 2 new Biomega BOS bikes for adults, unisex, 8 speed and beltdrive. Danish design exhibited at MOMA. Note: Please bring your own biking helmet if you want one.
* Living room woodburning stove (Nordic Eco Labeled/Svanemærket) and outdoor fireplaces in the garden and on the bridge. Wood is supplied on the property, you'll have to restock it yourself and cleave some of it (axes are supplied).
* New Soundsystem, Audio Pro A40, in the kitchen and a portable Bluetooth speaker and radio.
* Baby high chair. Iron. Hairdryer.
* A selection of boardgames, such as Ludo, chess, backgammon, battleships, puzzles etc.
* Kitchen amenities
- Induction stove with pots and pan
- Siemens combi-oven with microwave, hot air, normal oven, grill.
- Nespresso capsule espresso machine with milk frother.
- French press coffee maker (stempelkande)
- Electric water kettle
- Sandwich maker
- Dishes, glasses, cutlery, cups etc.
* Duvets and pillows
- 1 double duvet
- 4 single duvets
- 1 children's duvet
* What to bring
- All textiles needed: towels, dish towels, table cloths, bed linnen and sheets for everyone,
- Extra duvets if needed
- Travel bed for any toddlers if needed
- Toilet paper and paper towels
- Food, including frying oil, spices, etc.
- Dishwashing liquid, laundry detergent if needed
- During summer half year: Mosquito and tick repellant and tick removal kit (just in case).
- Matches and firelighters.
- Warm clothes, rain coats and boots for the season.
- Earplugs for light sleepers (during wintertime the heat panels make subtle noises while warming up).
- Drinking water if you don't want to use the filtered tap water from the well.
Housie is situated in a vast protected forest which has been maintained well by the owners through decades. It offers complet natural silence and the freshest air possible. Absence of traffic, pollution, noise and people. A rare commodity in our modern world.
You can usually walk for days here without meeting anyone. You'll find old trees, cliffs, massive boulders, moss and pine trees, birch, beech, oak, and a hilly forest scenery shaped by the ice age.
You can be lucky and spot moose, wild boar, deer, birds of prey, owls, herons, geese and many other types of birds. There are no dangerous animals.
There are several types of fish in the lake, but fishing is not allowed.
During summertime you should expect mosquitoes and sometimes ticks (only in tall grass and they are easy to get rid off).
The nearest local grocery store is 12 km away, so make sure to bring everything you need.
Tipus de propietat
Bromölla Ö, Skåne län, Suècia