Welcome to Juniper Ridge Retreat, a wonderfully unique vacation home in a wonderfully unique landscape! Situated 10 minutes from Mesa Verde National Park, 10 minutes from Mancos, and backing to Weber Mountain wilderness area, you can enjoy quiet time in nature as well as easy access to adventure. This Southwestern space blends natural, artistic approaches with comfort and the right amenities. Enjoy a private entrance, patio, fully equipped kitchen, 2 comfortable queen bedrooms, and full bath.
As you drive up our private road, take in stunning views of Mesa Verde; as you enter the pinon-juniper forest, you’ll be greeted by Weber Mountain, a wilderness area behind the house which you are welcome to explore. But for now, walk up the flagstone path to your own private patio. Pause to enjoy the views of the La Plata Mountains, and make a mental note to enjoy your meals, drinks, or morning coffee on the patio - or to take in the breathtaking night sky. Head down a half-flight of stairs to a cheerful great room with a full, open kitchen, dining area, breakfast bar and comfortable living area. Notice the hand-made Mexican tile backsplash and blue pine custom cabinetry throughout.
This space has been a labor of love for us, and as we built it, we sought to: 1) Care for the environment and create a space that allows you to reconnect with nature, 2) Support small businesses and local economies, and 3) Make this space as comfortable as possible so you can rest, relax, and enjoy your time here. For example:
* A local carpenter made the cabinetry by hand out of blue pine - reclaimed pine beetle wood from nearby.
* The beautiful tiles in the kitchen and bathroom are handmade by Mexican artists.
* You can eat all your meals outside and stargaze on your private patio.
* You can explore the wilderness area behind the house or walk in the field and enjoy stunning views of Mesa Verde and the La Plata Mountains. (The sunsets are outstanding!)
* We have invested in high-end, quality, comfortable and supportive queen mattresses so you can get a great night’s sleep.
* You will find the kitchen has what you need, including full-size refrigerator and stove, toaster oven, coffee, tea, olive oil, and spices.
* We use natural, home-made cleaning materials.
* This is a land of hot summers and cold winters, but because this space is garden-level, it remains comfortably cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
* We have made every effort to minimize plastic, use recycled materials, stock the space with local supplies such as hand-made soap, and include a recycling bin so you too can take care of the environment, too.
Because this is the lower level of our house, while you will enjoy complete privacy, you may occasionally hear the sounds of every-day living upstairs.
We've already shared with you what we love about our land. But the larger ecosystem is pretty special, too. Mancos, Colorado actually sits at the confluence of many ecosystems: the stark solitude of the high desert with countless ancient Puebloan ruins in one direction; jagged mountains with stunning hiking, snow-shoeing and skiing in the other direction; sustainable, free-range farming and ranching communities; and scores of artists whose work you can enjoy in a number of galleries in downtown Mancos.
The town of Mancos also boasts wonderfully special culinary delights. People come from all over the 4 Corners to visit the high-end restaurant in town, Olio (reservations required). Check out the Absolute Bakery and Cafe for excellent breakfasts and pastries. Fahrenheit Coffee roasts some of the best coffee we've ever had (and we provide it in your space so you can sample it during your stay). Fenceline Cider makes delicious concoctions from local heritage apples (try the cider flight!), and hosts live bands and food trucks on weekends. And you can even find delicious gluten free delights at the natural food store in town, Zuma.
Tipus de propietat
Suite amb entrada independent
Mancos, Colorado, Estats Units