Our house is near the beach (400m) (surf, wind surfing, kite surfing, 40 km of bike paths), Tijuca National Park (trails, abseiling, waterfalls, tandem paragliding, cycling), Fashion Mall Shopping (restaurants, boutiques, theater, cinemas), Gran Melià Nacional Hotel, Royal Tulip Hotel (events), Oasis Steakhouse, Italian gastronomy kiosk, 15 minutes from Copacabana, Maracanã, Sambódromo, Ipanema by metro, supermarket, discos of Barra da Tijuca (Armando Lombardi Ave.) .... You will just love it!
Even though located in the South Zone of Rio, above the Gávea Golf Club, the house has a very quiet farmhouse atmosphere in the midst of the Atlantic rain forest of the Tijuca National Park, and is close to the tourist attraction points of Rio by subway, BRT and buses (our street crosses one of the largest transit arteries of the south district of Rio between the neighborhoods of Gávea / Leblon and Barra da Tijuca).
The house is situated directly below the "Gávea Rock" which is part of a series of mountains (basaltic rocks) covered with typical subtropical forest (Atlantic Rain Forest): the view is simply stunning ... From the house several species of birds such as toucans, herons, hawks, hummingbirds and many others, as well as species of monkeys of various sizes (Pregos, Saguis ...) can be observed.
During the semester the 16 rooms of the house are rented to students of the Pontifical Catholic University (PUC) of Rio. Most of them are foreigners from many nations and continents. Students live in the house during periods of one semester, in the case of interchange between Universities, up to 2 or even 4 years in the case of master and PhD students.
During periods of university recess at the end of each semester rooms are available to receive tourists and professional Aibnb guests.
It has a supermarket, a Catholic church, subway, BRT, taxi points and buses with lines for all Rio destinations in the immediate vicinity of the house. The beach, much appreciated also for playing volleyball, surfing or just to run is at a short distance at the end of the street .... We are situated directly below the Gávea Rock which is Rio’s main hang gliding starting point (paragliders and delta wings).
The rooms are furnished. The amount of the rent includes the use of the services of the house: water, gas, electricity, wireless internet, full kitchen with dishwasher, microwave etc., washing machine, swimming pool .... Rooms are single, double or shared for up to four guests, with single or double beds, with or without private bathroom. The prices of the rooms vary according to the degree of comfort and size.
Nature and landscapes
"Pepino Beach" of São Conrado: white sand beach 3 km to about 400 m from the house.
The "Pedra da Gávea" is an imposing basalt stone of 844 meters of altitude (2,769 feet) composed of granite and gneiss that dominates the House San Conrado. It is the largest sea coast stone block in the world. From the top of the stone, the view reaches the entire stretch of shores of the South and West Zone of Rio de Janeiro.
At the top of the "Pedra Bonita" is the free flight takeoff ramp. A 20-minute trail takes tourists up to an exceptional viewpoint on the sea shore of São Conrado.
The view from the house is breathtaking ... and reaches the tops of the Tijuca National Park covered in subtropical forest (Atlantic Forest)
The house is separated from the Gávea Golf Club only by a small mountain creek with clear sound of running water and intense animal life. From the house, you can observe various species of birds such as toucans, herons, hawks, hummingbirds and many others, as well as various types of large and small monkeys (pregos, saguis ...)
Sports, Adventure and Trails
- The beaches of Pepino and Joatinga close to the house are known for good waves for surfing. We can indicate to you fitness training instructors on the beach.
- Hang gliders and paragliders: the ramp is on top of "Pedra Bonita" just above the house and the landing on the sand of "Pepino Beach" of São Conrado. Qualified instructors offer tandem flights to tourists. Casa São Conrado can make reservations for you.
- The Tijuca National Park offers numerous trails in the forest with fresh waterfalls where you can bathe your feet on hot days, climbing walls and abseiling, cycling circuits, belvederes and tourist sightseeing spots such as the "Chinese View", "Emperor's Table" etc.
-Instead of experiencing traffic jams on the way to Cristo Redentor or Santa Teresa, you can choose to go up to Statue with a Uber or taxi on a nice drive through the forest on shady and quiet mountain roads starting from Casa San Conrado. We can recommend various professional guides to you.
- The City of Rio de Janeiro is building hundreds of kilometers of bicycle paths along the waterfront. Casa São Conrado offers bicycles to tourists with only a small one time contribution to maintenance.
Nearby shops and street markets
- A supermarket “Zona Sul” is located down the street (about 200 m from the house) and offers a considerable choice of national and imported specialties from many foreign countries. It also serves an excellent breakfast.
- On Saturdays, a popular ambulatory street market in the form of an old bus full of vegetables and fruits with popular prices parks for a few hours on street.
-The high class "Fashion Mall" shopping located less than 1 kilometer from the house is one of the most elegant in Rio de Janeiro. He awaits your visit with many luxury goods stores, fashion clothing, jewelery shops, restaurants, bookstores, theater and movie theaters.
- At the top of our street you will find some popular and picturesque bars and restaurants. (Full meal for less than 20,00 R $ at lunch). They also serve light meals in the evening on request until 10am.
- There is a canteen with outdoor tables under trees in a nearby condo which offers a nice lunch at a good price.
- Gávea Beach Club by Jolanda Ruggiero: serves excellent Italian food with quality wines and espresso at a beach kiosk on Pepino Beach in São Conrado. This is a highly recommended place for lovers to watch a romantic sunset and spend pleasant moments in the tropical night in front of the sea waves ... (open until midnight situated a short distance from the house on the beach promenade).
- Churrascaria Oasis: Typical Brazilian barbecue restaurant, the waiters bring to your table nonstop an incredible variation of tasty grilled meats. The food is supplemented by rice, farofa and an amazing buffet of varied salads. (Open for lunch and dinner within walking distance of the house).
- Gávea Golf Club Restaurant: Offers an excellent traditional farmhouse buffet in the Clubhouse located in the former headquarters of a typical colonial coffee farm. Surrounded by the golf course with splendid views over the Atlantic Forest. (1 km from Casa São Conrado, only at lunch time)
- Shopping Fashion Mall with fine restaurants (French, Italian …), relaxed and / or trendy restaurants such as hamburgers, cafes (Starbucks, etc.) and fine ice cream shops. (1km from Casa São Conrado). Also with cinemas and theater.
- Pizzeria / Chinese Food
Several pizzerias and local Chinese catering deliver at home within half an hour at any time day and night.
- The Catholic Church of São Conrado is just at the end of the street
Tipus de propietat
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil