In Normandy, 70 km and an hour from Paris and 5 minutes from Giverny, beautiful eighteenth century mansion can accommodate 11 people in 5 bedrooms.
With table football, table tennis and football field
In southern Normandy but with an ambience much closer to Provence, Aveny – near the village of Aveny - is a rambling 18th century stone farmhouse just over an hour from Paris that has been decorated for effortlessly stylish entertaining both indoors and out. Relaxing in the fall and winter with deep sofas and a wood stove, Aveny is glorious in the spring and summer with its flower-filled grounds. An ideal spot for a group getaway – each of the five rustic bedrooms is charming and 11 can fit comfortably at the farm tables for meals – and a perfect setting for sampling all of Normandy's regional specialties. No need to fear over-indulging - Aveny’s setting couldn’t be better for picturesque biking, hiking, or running, and the compound boasts a mini soccer field (for the less energetic, there's a professional foosball table in-house).
Aveny is set in the midst of green hills and wheat fields painted by Monet and Van Gogh, and, though just over an hour from Paris, the area is blissfully free of tourists. Aveny is in the Parc Naturel regional du Vexin, an enormous protected area dedicated to preserving nature and agriculture.
The area, in the heart of Normand Vexin Regional Natural Park,is full of activities:
- From the house, endless walks with hills and wheat fields that painted Van Gogh and Monet (IGN maps of the area are available in the house)
- The bike rides along the river, on a prepared track 100 km
- A Saint Clair sur Epte (3 km): Canoe rental for Epte down to lovely Moulin de Fourges, bike rental, course Paragliding and tennis courts.
- A Chaussy (7 km): Equestrian Club and Villarceaux Golf (18 holes)
- At Giverny (8 km): The House of Claude Monet and the Museum of Impressionism
- At the Roche-Guyon (8 km), a picturesque city cliff intrigued Renoir, Sisley, Pissarro, Degas, with its magnificent castle and dungeon of the 12th century overlooking a bend of the Seine
- Haute-Isle (9km) and its church and its houses cave dwellings carved into the limestone cliffs
- Saint-Pierre la Garenne (15 km), speedboat's cruises on the Seine, you can appreciate the beauty of this river. Discover the chalk cliffs or the cave habitats along the banks, admire the beauty of the surrounding valley or cross barges ... A cruise of 2 hours to enjoy an outstanding route in the heart of the region Impressionist (02 32 52 20 00), firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Vernon (19 km): Farmers Market on Saturday
- Wy-dit-Joli-Village (25 km), ranked among the most beautiful villages in France, beautifully preserved and flowers.
- A Gaillon (30 km): Aquaval, water park and the Castle of Gaillon.
- Lyons la Forêt (35 km)
- Beaches (145 km): Deauville-Trouville and Honfleur
- The landing beaches and memorial of the landing in Caen (180 km)
- The markets Magny En Vexin (15 Km) and Vernon (19 Km)
- Intermarché Gasny (3 Km)
- Excellent butcher shop in Saint-Clair-sur-Epte (3 Km)
14 Rue Pavee, 27630 Dampsmesnil
Phone: 02 32 52 98 36
Pizzas cooked over a wood fire away, 20 meters from the house, ideal for the evening of your arrival.
Hotel-Restaurant Du Chemin de Fer
2 Route de Rouen 27420 Château-sur-Epte,
+33 1 34 67 60 33
Excellent restaurant at unbeatable prices. Beautiful paintings on the ceiling are the work of artist Pierre Marcel, which show the charm of this place, besides the bosses are nice.
Epicure gardens | Hotel and Restaurant Gastronomique
16 Grande Rue
Moulin de Fourges
38 Rue du Moulin
Traditional French cuisine
restaurant in the heart of a water mill overlooking champs.On can eat directly above the water on the terrace, less attractive in winter.
18 Rue du Général Leclerc
95780 Roche Guyon (La)
Complete pancakes are pretty good, settling preferably on the terrace.
Tipus de propietat
Dampsmesnil, Alta Normandia, França