In town for a quick visit or working in the area? Enjoy the comforts of this cosy, mid-century inspired home. Complete with all the convenience of home, this property is located in the center of Snyder, just minutes away from local restaurants and shopping. This newly renovated property offers garage parking for one vehicle and outdoor parking for another.
Additionally, enjoy quick and easy access to the property via keyless-digital entry.
This 2 bed 1 bath home is a cozy alternative to conventional hotels. This home has been completely remodeled and designed to provide every guest with comfort and privacy.
The living room and master bedroom are equipped with 42’ TVs, both set up with Amazon Fire Sticks. Both bedrooms have queen beds, the master bed is a traditional mattress and the 2nd bedroom has a 10” memory foam mattress. The second bedroom offers a quiet space for desk work with high speed WiFi as well.
The kitchen is fully equipped with microwave, refrigerator, gas stove, coffee maker, and plates, bowels, cups, and utensils.
Located in a quiet, safe neighborhood, just two blocks from a favorite local burrito shop (Tacos Chachos) and a couple of blocks away from Amore (a favorite bar and Italian food restaurant). Snyder offers a small town experience, away from the big city hustle. Snyder is also conveniently located 1-1.5 hours away from the cities of Lubbock, San Angelo, Midland, Odessa, and Abilene. And only 30-45 minutes away from Sweetwater, Big Spring, Post, Roby, Rotan, Lamesa, and Colorado City.
History of Snyder:
Snyder (the county seat of Scurry County) is at the junction of U.S. highways 84 and 180, 87 miles southeast of Lubbock in the central part of the county.
It had its beginnings in 1878 when a buffalo hunter and trader, William Henry (Pete) Snyder (a native of Pennsylvania) built a trading post on the banks of Deep Creek. Other hunters were attracted to the post, and a colony of buffalo-hide dwellings grew up around it. These dwellings, as well as the occasionally dubious character of their inhabitants, gave the town its first names, "Hide Town," and "Robber's Roost."
In 1882 Snyder drew up a town plan and invited immigration. The first public school was established sometime that year. In 1884, when Scurry County was organized, Snyder's settlement was chosen as the county seat. Snyder remained a farming and ranching community until 1948 when oil was discovered on the Canyon Reef formation north of town. Within a year the population jumped from around 4,000 to over 12,000 and a tent and trailer city sprang up on the town's northern edge. The boom was over by late 1951, and the population (which had peaked at around 16,000) stabilized at 11,000.
Scurry County became the leading oil-producing county in Texas as the result of a locally developed method of injecting carbon dioxide into the formation to increase the pressure and thereby increasing the yield. Ranching and cotton farming also continued to employ a large part of the population.
Tipus de propietat
Snyder, Texas, Estats Units