Two bedrooms on the first floor of large historic house, with private back entrance. Guests have the option of reserving 1 or 2 bedrooms. The 1st bedroom has king bed. The 2nd adjacent bedroom with double bed is an additional $15 per night per guest. Full bath, wi-fi, small fridge, coffeemaker and shared laundry room. Lovely backyard and deck/patio with hot tub. Home is 25 minute drive to Hartford or UConn's Storrs campus, 30 minutes from Bradley airport, halfway between Boston and NYC.
- Hosts may be home during your stay. The rest of the house is not open to guests. Quiet hours are 10pm – 6am. Neighborhood is generally quiet, but there is pedestrian traffic right out front. Off street parking is available in our driveway. Guests may sit in backyard areas or front porch.
- No smoking in the house or on the grounds. No pets allowed. Visitors may be allowed upon request.
- Guests have the option of reserving 1 or 2 bedrooms. The 1st bedroom has king bed. The 2nd adjacent bedroom with double bed is an additional $15 per night per guest. We book only one reservation at a time.
- Guests must follow instructions for hot tub use. We ask that you do not put wet towels on wood surfaces. Please use coasters for beverages to protect furniture. Close outside doors and windows before turning on the heat/ac. Guests agree to access our internet only for legal purposes and not for illegal downloading.
- The neighborhood has other old houses from the mid to late 1800’s when Rockville was a thriving textile mill town. Nearby, there are old mills, some of which have been restored and converted to apartments, and a cemetery established in 1847. The downtown has a number of historic buildings including the town hall, library and hospital. We’ll give you a list of restaurants and area attractions in Vernon and nearby towns.
- You can text me at any time if you need something or have a question. We’ll be glad to tell you more about our town, the city of Hartford, or New England.
My husband and I love traveling in the US and Europe. We have stayed in many airbnbs and have had many wonderful experiences. I find that people love to tell you about the place they live. Sharing our spaces and making human connections in the process is a great concept.