Seriously, this review is way off base and frankly, shocking. I gave you a 5 star to be polite for what you wall went through. Yet, all of my quests have never complained about the bathroom or noise. Because they checked in during the check in period. They watched TV in my living room at a respectable sound level and even fell asleep on my couch. There noise didn't carry!
1) You checked in at 10:30 pm. Check in is 8:00 pm. There is a reason for that! Noise. I listed that I work from home. Late check-ins can be disruptive and noisy in any house, old or new. You left for dinner, which is fine, but you came back were moving your luggage and unpacking. Respectfully, if I checked into someone's home that late, I would have waited until the morning. Your talking was very loud and was inconsiderate. Kind of not following house rules.
Every house in this area, even remodeled is old. And at 10 pm and 12 am, when everyone is sleeping, voices carry. They were your voices, not mine. So I guess that is what you felt like your noise carried and you didn't dig that. You folks were loud and didn't take into consideration that all of our tvs were off. So, I think the noise carriers is only relevant if you are doing things that should not be done at a 10 pm check-in. It's not a fair judgement. If you had been doing the same thing during the day or at the designated 8:00 PM check-in, it would not have been an issue. By I tried to accommodate you and it ended up getting me a bad rating.
2) Airbnb didn't tell us to indicate that bathroom isn't attached or I would have added that. It only asks if it is private.
3) As for the ceiling fan light, you had 4 nights to tell me and you never mentioned it. we took the lights out intentionally, because 3 other guests said it was too bright. I would have taken the remaining light out. Had told me didn't like it or were inconvenienced,. I did mention that to Mike the first night. And I would have made the fix had you just told me.
4) IAgain, you had 4 nights to tell me. I asked you several times how you slept and if you were comfortable. You said yes. if you weren't comfortable with the temperature, I wish you would have asked. That rooms is very cool and should not have been stuffy at all.
5) Arbnb doesn't required that I notify guests that I have my own guests. And I would have been penalized if I canceled your reservation. My guest was a last minute emergency. And frankly, she was there 2 nights out of your 4. And was quiet as a church mouse.
Airbnd is not a hotel. I think there is an understand that it is shared space and folks need to be flexible, when if fact, you are in their home. Since you dinged me on this review, I'm assuming you're over compensating because you folks were in fact noisy and anticipated a bad review. I'm not that petty. But I sure wish I could change my review.