Casa Abilio de Sousa is a 150 year old house, owned by the Ferreira family. We have 1 King Size AC room with a view of ancestral Goa. Accommodates up to 4 adults comfortably. We also have an in house housekeeper. In 2010, Erlick Ferreira, the grandson of Abilio de Sousa began restoring the property. After 5 long years, the house is now restored to its former glory with wooden flooring and high wooden ceilings, while carefully maintaining its aesthetics. Come live & stay in the entire House.
Casa Abilio Sousa offers a curated Portuguese home concept from its design through to all of its services. The moment you enter our premises, you will see a lot of historical antiques that I have acquired from my ancestors, and restoring the same. Being passionate about antiques, I have also procured a lot of antiques suitable to the theme of my house.
Hand crafted with a lot of love and attention to detail, our Historical Home Stay is a private home set in the charming village of Quepem, just a few 15-20 kms away from all the best beaches of South Goa with Palolem and Colva being some of them.
A stunning contrast of luxury and the concept of the historical aspect connected to this house, has been carefully designed to attract an overall vibe of serenity and seclusion. One just needs to step in to relax. Every element has been carefully selected and aesthetically placed to ensure that you have a great experience.
The beautiful architecture has been designed in a unique fashion having various levels, unseen in modern architecture. A large open garden area, perfect for relaxing with loved ones or hiding out from them. In the evening this space is ideal for kicking back with a glass of wine.
The uniqueness of my home is deceiving to the eyes because you do not know where you enter and where you exit. We don’t deprive you of liquor which can be procured on request. We promise you won’t be disappointed. We are situated right next to a church and if you are lucky, you will get to see a couple of celebrations and marriages taking place. A lot of my explanation can not be put into words and I will let my pictures do the rest for you. Our home stay is covered by CCTV cameras within the common areas and around the house for your safety. We also have a security guard on the premises.
Serveis i zones comuns
Guests are free to access all the common areas which might be also shared by other guests staying in other rooms booked by them simultaneously. Please treat our home with love and respect, and take care of it as you would do in your own home. Our in house library is open to you.
Interacció amb els hostes
I will try my best to meet you personally. We are very hospitable people and are always up for meeting new people if at all it is over a couple of drinks as well. If not, I am always available on the phone to be in touch with you. My caretaker also stays at my place to help you out with anything that you may need.
Altres aspectes destacables
We have a lot of priceless antiques and collectible items that are dear to us, so I would appreciate each of our guest treating the same as if it was their own. We are not in the heart of the night life.
- Smoking Policy: We have a strict NO SMOKING POLICY in our Rooms. Should it be determined that smoking has taken place in the guest room , we will charge Rs. 1500/- towards cleaning fee which will be placed on the guest folio or bill before or after check out. We have designated areas within the property allocated to smoking which will be shown to the guest at the time of check in.
- Early Check in can be considered subject to availability. Please note that damages will be charged at cost prior to checkout. We will make every effort to personalize our guest stay if provided estimated time of arrival information at the time of Reservation. Late check out request may be made through the front desk only and are subject determination based on occupancy. Additional charges may apply.
- All guests must provide valid photo ID’s.
- A well stocked up mini bar provided in each room will be chargeable as per consumption. Guests who does not meet the minimum legal age of 21 years will be denied any room service that includes Alcohol.
- Breakfast will be served between 8.00 am and 10.30 am
- Kindly respect other guests at our home. Maintain serenity as we also have a Church next door which is a place of worship. For long stays bed linen will be changed every third day. However linen can be changed as requested at a fee. We have provided safes in each room, however we do not assume responsibility for lost and forgotten objects in our home. We do not assume responsibility for accidents or any illness which may occur within the precincts in our home. No carrying or activities like drugs and other illegal substances will be allowed in the premises. Please take care of the room keys or even better hand it over to us for safe custody.
- CHECK OUT PROCEEDURE: Please be kind enough to give an account of the mini bar. Kindly allow at least 20 minutes for checkout we are all human and not machines. Be kind enough to return the room keys, least you will be charged Rupees 3000/- for the same. Technical issues: We have ensured against all technical malfunctions. However due to unavoidable circumstances and human error which could occur, kindly be patient, cooperate, and bear with us. No scribbling or spitting on the walls or flooring will be tolerated. The entire cost of damage will be chargeable. A humble request from all of us to you. Please use the water and electricity responsibly without any wastage as the same is expensive and which is today becoming a rare commodity, keeping in mind our future children. Use when required and switch off when not in use. Thank you in anticipation for accepting and abiding by our request.
I am from an engineering background who loves antiques and has an ambition to restore old houses keeping in mind the ancient heritage. My dream is to show people who come to our lovely state of Goa its background and culture of how it was 150 years ago. I have been restoring my own houses to reconnect them with the aesthetic essence of our beautiful memories. I love to help people, make friends and do not shy away from going the extra mile in keeping people who stay with me at my premises comfortable. Born & bought up in Goa, so music and traveling is a hobby that I indulge on a regular basis. I am also an animal lover.
I look forward to welcoming you to my lovely home & having some lovely conversations over a couple of drinks.
A guarantee to all who live at my home will have some happy lasting memories and a bond to last a lifetime.