KING GALAXY ROOM: Enjoy an elegant, king-sized bed with a private (in-suite) full bath in a central location! A comfy, full-size IKEA futon is also available for a modest fee. This spacious room has vaulted ceilings, a laptop desk, and dedicated closet space. It's a 4-block stroll to Whole Foods (Ideal Market) and cafes with views to the beautiful foothills. It's a scenic 15 min walk to the famed Pearl St walking mall. Your host is a PhD astronomer who loves conversation and sharing the sky!
PLEASE NOTE: Cherilynn (the primary host) will be traveling from 17-27 December 2017. Guests booked during this period will be greeted by my co-host.
My place is especially well equipped and located as a base for academic visitors, business travelers interested to explore a home-sharing travel experience, Integral Center visitors, parents with an adolescent or college-age child, and vacationing explorers (solo or coupled). Both short and longer term visitors are welcome (from 1 to 30 nights).
I am open to collaborating with parents of young children to ensure safety, however my place is not "childproof".
A comfy IKEA floor futon is available to accommodate short-term guests (less than 7 nights) sleeping separately or additional guests. There is an extra fee of $15/night for deploying the futon with complete bedding. Please let me know if this option is needed or desired at the time of booking.
Wifi works well in all rooms of the townhome and there are convenient places to plug in mobile phones and laptops.
I call my place the ASTRO AirBnB for three reasons:
1. A tasteful astronomical theme is reflected in the decor of the bedroom and common areas.
2. Astronomy-related art, books, games, and puzzles are available to all guests.
3. Weather permitting, your astronomer host is happy to offer a guided tour of the night sky (with laser pointer, binoculars, and/or a small telescope) or to provide a quick look at our daytime star (the Sun) through "Eclipse" glasses.
There are two upstairs bedrooms (each equipped with an in-suite, private bath) available to guests in this townhome. These rooms are rented via separate listings, but can be rented concurrently by a small group of people who want to stay at the same location (subject to concurrent availability and city occupancy limits):
1) The larger, cathedral-ceiling Master bedroom described in THIS listing has a luxurious KING-size bed, a private, in-suite, full bathroom (bathtub, shower, toilet, and double-sink vanity), laptop desk, Poang chair with reading lamp, a dedicated wardrobe cabinet, plus closet space. I call it the KING GALAXY ROOM.
2) The FULL MOON ROOM has a comfy, FULL-size bed, private, in-suite 3/4 bath (shower, toilet, vanity, and medicine cabinet), laptop desk, and ample closet space. This room is described more fully in a separate listing. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16975343
Both bedrooms are open, airy, and nicely private. They each have large windows that look out to the mature trees in the surrounding area.
PLEASE NOTE: There are no TV's on the premises. However, a recent guest successfully streamed an episode of Game of Thrones on his laptop using house WiFi and his personal Amazon account.
On colder mornings and evenings a gas fireplace is generally operating in the cozy living/dining room. On warmer mornings and evenings, the front patio/garden is a lovely, dappled-light setting. These common areas are always available to guests.
MORNING BEVERAGES with Cherilynn: When Cherilynn is home to host you, high quality, French press coffee is available in the morning upon request. Organic teas and Trader Joe's 100% Columbian instant coffee are available self-serve 24/7. Otherwise Vic's Coffee shop or Pekoe's Sip House (tea) are a just a pleasant, 4-block stroll toward the foothills.
EVENING BEVERAGES with Cherilynn: When Cherilynn is home to host you, a glass of wine, local beer, or sparkling water is available in the evenings to accompany interaction with your host and/or sky watching.
Local Eldorado Springs water, a hot pot for heating water, a toaster, and a small microwave oven are available 24/7 on the counter in the living/dining room area. Cups, glasses, napkins, and small plates & bowls with utensils are available at all times. Refrigerator space is available upon request.
Independent stove-top cooking and laundry use are not available for short-term guests, but are negotiable for longer term guests (7 nights or more).
There is a well-behaved, pettable, green-eyed girl kitty (named Sukhino) on the premises. The bedrooms and common areas are kept clean and clear of her fur and other emanations. She is not permitted in guest bedrooms.
High-capacity Honeywell or Winix air purifiers with well-maintained filters are operated in the bedroom and common areas prior to guest arrival. If desired, an air purifier may be used in the bedroom overnight.
We use eco-friendly, hypo-allergenic products to the clean the bathroom and launder the linens. A vacuum equipped with a HEPA filter is used to clean bedroom carpets between guests.
Serveis i zones comuns
In addition to their bedroom and private bathroom, guests are always welcome anywhere in the living/dining area, and in the front patio/garden, both of which are a pleasant focal points for sipping a beverage, reading, and/or conversation.
NOTE: It is NEVER an intrusion to come into the living/dining room area. It is expressly intended for use and enjoyment by my guests 24/7!
Please consider OFF LIMITS the other guest bedroom, and any areas marked with a PRIVATE sign (e.g. back patio, loft areas, and downstairs bedroom & bath).
Refrigerator space IS available to all guests upon request.
Amenities to support food & beverage preparation ARE available to all guests 24/7 on the countertop in the living/dining room area:
- Eldorado Springs water
- A hot pot for heating water
- Organic Teas & coffee
- Organic Sweeteners (Sugar, Honey, Agave, and Stevia)
- A small microwave oven
- A toaster & butter bell
- Cups, glasses, bowls, napkins & utensils.
Independent stove-top cooking and laundry use are not available for short-term guests, but are negotiable for longer term guests (7 nights or more). Short term guests may request a 24-hour wash & fold service for a fee of $15/request.
Interacció amb els hostes
Your host is Cherilynn (when she is not traveling). Her travel dates will always be posted here in advance. She currently plans to be away from 17 to 27 December 2017.
Cherilynn is a PhD astronomer/educator who enjoys conversation about the wonders of the Universe and many other topics. Guided sky watching is available to guests at agreed upon times. Such interaction is completely optional.
Cherilynn can also offer her 30+ years of experience to help match your interests to the diverse pleasures and adventures of Boulder, be they natural, cultural, or scientific.
When Cherilynn is home, she will be available to guests at check-in, and for morning/evening beverages as is mutually convenient and desired. Guests can be as autonomous or as interactive as they would like.
Altres aspectes destacables
Options and timing for morning and/or evening beverages or guided sky watching will be negotiated with guests on a case-by-case basis to maximize mutual convenience.
We'll work out payment for additional services (e.g. deploying the futon with complete bedding, 24-hour wash & fold service, and commuter bike rental) through the AirBnB Request & Send Money system.
The ASTRO AirBnB uses eco-friendly, hypo-allergenic products to clean the bathroom and launder the linens. A vacuum with a HEPA filter is used in the bedroom carpets between guests.
I am learning how to prepare for a family with a young child, however my home is not toddler-proof, and thus requires parental vigilance to ensure the safety of both the child and vulnerable household items. I'm happy to collaborate to co-create a safe environment.
Número de llicència o de registreRHL-0011129
Més informació sobre aquest número
- All guests and visitors must know and abide by the house rules. I ask that the person who makes the booking take responsibility for informing their travel companions.
- Please do not let the beloved kitty outside.
- It is requested that no shoes be worn in the carpeted house.
- Guest parking is not permitted on the property, but the freely available street parking is closer to my front door anyway. :-)
- Please no unannounced early arrivals! Check-in is at 3pm or later, and in the spirit of home sharing, I ask that a more refined time of arrival be coordinated with me (or my co-host) in advance. In general it is not possible to accommodate a check-in time before 3pm. We will nonetheless do our best if circumstances allow.
- Dropping off luggage earlier than check-in time IS POSSIBLE if requested and approved by me (or my co-host) in advance. The luggage will be stored until the time of your check-in. PLEASE NOTE: Except for bag drop-off, there is otherwise no access to the facilities of my home prior to check-in (3pm or later) after which the premises will be clean and ready to welcome you. After check-in you may enter and exit the premises freely!
- Please do not venture into the other guest bedroom or any of the few other areas of my home marked "Private".
- Please report immediately to your host any malfunction, spills, or accidental damage incurred so that prompt cleaning and/or repair is possible. Thank you kindly!
- If needed, please ask your host to adjust the gas fireplace. Guests unfamiliar with the controls may inadvertently turn off the pilot light.
- Up to 4 guests are permitted for stays of less than 7 nights. No more than 2 guests may occupy the space for longer term stays of 7 nights or more.
- Please no overnight visitors that have not been declared in the booking communication.
- Guests may receive a non-overnight visitor (friend or family member) at the residence as long as there has been prior discussion and approval by the host. In general, a guest's visitor should plan to depart before the host retires (~10pm).
- There are no stovetop cooking privileges for guests staying less than 7 nights. However, a spring water dispenser, organic teas, Trader Joe's (100% Columbian) instant coffee, a small microwave, a toaster, and other food & beverage amenities are available to all guests 24/7. Refrigerator space is also available to all guests needing to store perishable foods.
- The Eldorado Springs water is reserved for in-house refreshment and beverage making. Please do not use this source to fill water bottles for outside activities. The Boulder tap water is perfectly fine for this purpose. Thank you for your consideration!
- There are no self-serve washer & dryer privileges for short-term guests (less than 7 nights), however guests may request a 24-hour wash & fold service for an additional $15 fee.
- No smoking of any kind is permitted in the house or garden area as this may perturb neighbors.
- Our HOA guidelines do not permit residents or guests who host parties or other events that involve smoking, drugs, drunkenness, and/or loud activities that may perturb other guests or residents.
- Though conviviality and laughter are certainly encouraged, please be mindful of the volume of your voices while enjoying the premises and private garden area. This is a quiet, townhome complex of 10 units: five in front, five in back. Our HOA is considering whether AirBnB should be allowed to operate here, so it is very important to be considerate of our neighbors and other house guests at ALL hours.
Thank you for your understanding!