Nestled at the base of Snake Mountain, looking out over a serene Vermont country side, sits this beautiful, historic home. Built in 1835 this house has its original foundation and wood beams with luxurious, modern updates.
This estate is just steps away from popular hiking trails. A ten minute drive will take to you to the heart of historic Middlebury. Ski resorts, lakes, and antique shopping are within forty to sixty minutes.
This is a great place for anyone looking to live like a local while having easy access to all popular skiing, hiking, biking and lake destinations.
Looking for a quiet space to write your next book, album or create your next masterpiece? You are in luck! This space is a perfect retreat for writers, musicians, painters and photographers. A separate studio space is available to let your creativity roam. The studio space includes a futon, sofa and access to a private balcony overlooking the countryside. Amplifiers and other musical equipment are available for an extra rental fee.
Serveis i zones comuns
You and your traveling companions will have access to 12.5 acres of Vermont countryside to explore. The meandering walking paths will lead you to quiet spots to relax and take in the beauty of nature. There is a fire pit, plenty of space for tents and hammocks.
Interacció amb els hostes
While this is our full-time home, we travel a lot. Should the timing of your visit coincide with our being at home you can expect Jeff and I to be available for as much or little interaction to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Altres aspectes destacables
We also share this awesome home with our dog, Lennox. He is 9 years old, 35 lb, mixed breed.
Yard Activities include:
- To cut down on cleaning costs we ask that you remove your shoes while indoors. Bring your slippers!
- What is the point of having a house like this if you can't bring all your friends!? We are happy to host your annual "friends getaway" but if you are planning on having more than 4 traveling companions please let us know so that we can plan accordingly.
- If you are looking to host a party or special event please contact me. Having event coordination experience, I am more than help you create a memorable experience for you and your guests. For an additional fee my professional coordinating services are available.
- The Studio is available to rent for serious inquiries only. Due to the fragile and expensive nature of the music and art supplies an additional security deposit is required.
- Make yourself at home! We only ask that you leave the space the way you found it. Beds do not need to be made but take the trash out and run the dishwasher before you head out.
- Check in: 3PM or later
- Check out: 11AM
Life is all about learning, growing, seeing and doing. In May of this year (2017) my partner, Jeffrey, and I took a huge leap and took over this Vermont estate without ever having been to Vermont! Some call a move like this crazy. I call it living adventurously and I'm so excited to share this adventure with you!
Over the years Jeff and I have worked a gazillion different jobs including but not limited to:
After School Coordinator
Board Game Specialest
These days we've dedicated our time to creating this beautiful sanctuary in Vermont, writing music and going out on tour with our bands.
While this is our full time residence we travel a lot and there is more than enough space for you, your friends and even your dogs!
When we travel we like to stay in cozy, clean, quirky spaces. We've tried to incorporate all of these qualities in our space and you'll find that everything you need to have a great time is right at your finger tips.
When I am home you'll find that I love playing games, listening to music, creating delicious meals, entertaining friends and family (you!) and organizing adventures.
If it works out that we are home during your stay you can expect that Jeff and I will be totally hands off but available should you need anything at all. We expect you to treat our home as your own and get comfy while treating it (and its contents) with respect.
We are thrilled to have you visit and explore all that Vermont has to offer!