Thompson Redwood House, is believed to have been constructed by sailing ships carpenters before the Civil War in 1861. It is one of a few homes west of the Mississippi from that period still standing, that have been and still are being continuously occupied as residences. There are 3 apartments avail. FREE PARKING AT FRONT DOOR! Just a few blocks to center of Old Town, Block from Humboldt Bay, Aquatic Center kayaking and Carson Mansion... and the best Happy Hour in Humboldt at the Carter Hotel.