We worked hard to accommodate Brook and her family during their stay. Prehaps she did not read our instructions, because she took our personal parking spot and arrived earlier than check-in time.
After check out, we came home to find that Brook had left a mess of our things on the floors in both the living room and bedroom, a sink full of dirty dishes and a full pot and oil spills on our stove. Her children had opened our personal belongings out of brand-new packaging, and went into our garage and took our things.
This was our worst experience as hosts, and the most disrespectful guest behavior thus far.
Brook complained of mold, but couldn’t find any. We couldn’t find any mold either. She was upset, so worked to get her stay shortened and refunded, and we made up bedding for her family upstairs.
Matty and I have thoroughly cleaned our listing room and will have a mold inspector come in as well, just to be thorough. This county is quite humid!
We are now just looking forward to Airbnb’s removal of this inaccurate review, and to our usual clean and kind guests!