Borgarnes Bed & Breakfast, located right on the water in the heart of Borgarnes’ historical center, is in one of the oldest houses in Borgarnes. While less than 2 minutes off route 1 (the ring road), you'll feel like you're in your own world, yet still able to walk to restaurants, cafes & the city center. The beautiful location, outdoor space, neighborhood and ambiance combine to create a perfect place for couples, groups and solo adventurers. Our license prohibits guest use of our kitchen.
Borgarnes Bed & Breakfast is established and well-known, and has been offering rooms to rent since 2008. We have lots of experience as AirBnB guests and hosts, and sincerely believe your experience will be a positive one.
Your room, named Dimma, is commonly referred to as the quietest room in the house. Because of its unique location, this room has a limited view. The beds are new in late 2016, and all new linens are high-quality cotton damask with down comforters. The room was completely remodeled in February 2017.
Guests have access to two shared bathrooms. One bathroom is right next to your bedroom door, and another is about 3-4 meters down the hallway.
There is a large common area near the main entrance, which features some games and books. A kettle for heating water for tea and coffee is available to guests at all times, as is a refrigerator if guests need to keep some items cold.
This large common area offers views overlooking the garden, backyard, and sea. Yes, you can walk to the island during low tide, if you are so inclined. The tide comes in rather quickly, so please pay attention, otherwise you will meet our local rescue squad. :)
Borgarnes Bed & Breakfast is fully approved and licensed by all relevant agencies in Iceland for both accommodation and food preparation. Because we are licensed for food preparation for others, guests are not permitted to use our kitchen.
Guests have access to garden areas of the property. There are tables and chairs outside for use. In addition to the main backyard, there is a lower plateau where guests can sit and enjoy the view and sunsets. Guests can also access the walking path along the sea directly from our garden.
To the left, this path follows the sea towards the Settlement Center Museum and Restaurant, and other sites. To the right, this path leads to the Bjössaróló playground (stay to the right where the path forks about 30 meters from the B&B), as well as large fields where football (soccer) and other track and fields events are held, and the community pool facility.
Serveis i zones comuns
Guests booking via AirBnB can go directly to their room upon arrival, and do not have any formal check-in or checkout process.
Please use the walkway on the left side of the house. Immediately upon reaching the back of the house, turn right and go down a few steps and across the tiled patio to the door under the balcony. Inside the door is a guest lounge featuring two comfortable chairs. It is customary in Iceland to remove your shoes. You can choose to leave your shoes in the guest lounge, or carry them to your room.
To get to your room, walk through the door past the two chairs, opposite the entry door, and take the first door to the right. (The second door on the right is one of two bathrooms, while the other two doors are staff areas.) Dimma is at the end of this short hallway on the left side, and has a name plaque next to the door. The key to the room will be inside the room. IMPORTANT: We do not lock the exterior door when we are expecting guests.
The upper level of the B&B is where your hosts live. We appreciate being notified of guests' arrival (regardless of what time they arrive) once guests arrive and log into the WiFi. Guests should also message us if there are any questions or other concerns. If you plan to purchase breakfast the following morning, PLEASE INQUIRE ABOUT AVAILABILITY.
Borgarnes B&B has plenty of free parking our own private parking lot, and plenty of safe additional parking is available on the street, if needed. There is no charge for parking.
Interacció amb els hostes
Your hosts live on the upper level of the B&B in their own apartment. We are available for advice about what to see and do in the area, or if you need anything else, during breakfast from 08:00 to 09:00. Otherwise we stay out of your way and let you enjoy the house and grounds. Of course you can always message or call us for urgent matters.
Altres aspectes destacables
Guests may choose to purchase breakfast (PLEASE INQUIRE ABOUT AVAILABILITY) at Borgarnes Bed & Breakfast. Cash (ISK or EUR), Visa and MasterCard/Maestro accepted. Our breakfast features a selection of breads baked in our own kitchen, hard cheese, marmalade, jams, ham and salami, our unique blend of coffee, and a selection of tea.
Guests with special dietary needs, such as gluten free, vegetarian or vegan, should let us know as far as possible in advance, so we can do our best to maximize your dining options.
It's hard to miss that a central theme throughout the house is around dairy cows. Hardly surprising, since the B&B's previous owner was a dairy farmer for almost 30 years, and the wife of the current owner was a dairy farmer for nearly 20 years.
The farm, Miðhjáleiga, is located in south Iceland, near the famous Seljalandsfoss waterfall (the one you can walk behind). It was the location used for an internationally-acclaimed ad for the Icelandic beer Boli, and is also known for the very famous and beautiful horse Krít frá Miðhjáleigu.
The farm was once home to hundreds of horses, cattle and sheep, along with a few chickens, dogs and cats. One of the milking cows, Áma, still holds an Icelandic record since 2003 for the largest quantity of milk produced, along with the highest fat and protein content.
- As stated elsewhere in our listing, our special AirBnB price does not include breakfast; however, our breakfast buffet is available for purchase on one or all mornings of your stay (price is ISK 1.950 per person, and can be paid using Icelandic kronur, Visa, MasterCard and most debit cards. (PLEASE INQUIRE ABOUT AVAILABILITY.)
- Our specific license does not permit guests to use our main kitchen for any reason; the microwave can be used to reheat food brought in from restaurants, and pre-cooked meals purchased in stores.
- There is absolutely NO SMOKING anywhere in or near our house; guests who smoke must go to the street in the front, or the ocean in the rear. (PLEASE dispose of all waste appropriately, and do not bring used tobacco products into our home.)
- We have a guest fridge located in the guest lounge, as our license does not allow guests to share our main refrigerator and freezer, as these are used for storing food we prepare for our guests.
- All guests must be at least 8 years of age on the date(s) of stay. AirBnB's policies notwithstanding, all guests must be at least 8 years of age at the time of stay. Guests with children younger than 8 will be asked to leave, and since that violates our house rules, no compensation will be provided by your host.
- Guests will need to ascend/descend approximately 10 stairs when entering and exiting our home.
- In Iceland it is customary to not wear outdoor shoes indoors, so please leave your shoes by the entry door, or carry them to your room.
- Arriving late? No problem! Please be courteous to other guests who might have retired early.